I’ve been zooming right along on my Flower Scarf. It looks great!
Then, on the way to the coast this afternoon, I RAN OUT OF YARN. 🙁 🙁 🙁
Anyone have any leftover Claudia Handpainted fingering in the “Oops” colorway? I don’t need much!
Awww, they’re even cute all bunched up and floating in water. Look:
I was going to take a picture of them all pinned out, but was interrupted by dinner. And then it got dark. I’ll try to remember to get a shot before I unpin them.
I think they’ll be dry by morning, which means I can start sewing them together tomorrow! And then do the edging! I think this project will be done very soon. 😀
This is what led me to believe I might be able to get 25–or close to 25–flowers from my skein of Claudia Handpainted Fingering yarn. Today I finished the 15th flower, though, and there’s only a teeny tiny bit of yarn left. Hmph. Oh well, 15 will make a nice scarf length, leaving my second skein for the edging that goes all around the flowers.
Here they all are, unblocked and in a pile:
I’m going to try to get them blocked tomorrow so I can start sewing them together. Don’t want to lose steam while I’m still excited about the project!
And now I should really go do a couple of seams on the baby sweater…
We’re gearing up to have the windows and siding replaced on our house–all at once! There’s a contractor coming on Saturday to get an idea of what we want and start to work up a quote. In anticipation of this, we’ve been cleaning/reorganizing/just plain moving things around. Tonight we shifted a bunch of stuff in the dining room/living room area. It looks much nicer in here already, but to a certain extent it’s a losing battle. When you’re only living in half a house, it’s insanely hard to keep clutter at bay. Especially when so many of our things (notably: yarn and all the rest of my knitting/sewing/crafting supplies, plus books and other assorted items) have no home.
I should probably go around and take lots of detail shots of the house before the work gets started, but for now here’s one from last summer just after the roof was finished:
I’m excited–the house is going to look so different after this project is done!
PS I now have ten little hexagon flowers. I weighed one and it looks like there might be enough yarn for 25 of them in this one skein! I’d anticipated making maybe 15 (they’re approximately 4″ across blocked, so that’d make the scarf–without the edging–about 5′ long), but maybe I’ll make it 20 or so…we’ll see.