please excuse the mess

by Michelle on June 5, 2010

First thing: I forgot to post yesterday. Oops! I am not going to let missing a day deter me, though. I’m still going to try to post every day. Maybe I’ll actually accomplish literally every day in July.

Second thing: I decided I wanted to change things around here, so I’ve just moved my blog to WordPress. So far I’ve managed to import all the posts from the previous blog software, but I’ve done absolutely nothing about the layout or other aesthetics. I’ll keep working on it through the weekend (and probably beyond), but in the meantime don’t be surprised if it keeps changing. The content will remain, though!

My next post was going to be another house post, but I think I’ll save that for a day when I need a ready-made subject.

My brand new Electra Townie

Nik and I bought bicycles a couple of weeks ago (that’s mine, on the left–a marketing photo, anyway, I’ll get a shot of my fully tricked-out bike some time) and, because this is rainy Portland after all and it was only May, we haven’t had much opportunity to ride them yet. In fact, until today we’d only been on one 3-mile long ride.

Today, however, the weather was spectacular so we decided to ride our bikes down to Sellwood; I was going to my Community Sock Club lunch and Nik was going to go have a bite at Grand Central Bakery and probably spend some time at the library while I was busy. It’s about 4 miles there, which shouldn’t be too bad even though I am rather out of shape after another tough winter.

But…I made a tactical error. Actually, I was really dumb. I didn’t eat much of a breakfast before we left and I could tell pretty much from the moment I started pedaling that something wasn’t right. My thigh muscles instantly felt fatigued, but of course I tried to convince myself that I’d be okay.

Yeah. Not so much. I made it about 15 blocks from our house–3/4 of a mile–and had to stop and lie down so I didn’t pass out. Sigh. Nik ended up riding back home to get the car so he could pick me and my bike up and deliver me to my lunch.

The lunch, as always, was fantastic (Deb always has a great menu!) and it was great chatting with my fellow knitters and catching up with friends I don’t get to see very often. And the yarn was dyed by Sharon of Stitchjones!! (As you may or may not recall, I am a HUGE fan! I love her yarn and her beautiful, wild colors.)

I’m disappointed about the aborted bike ride but I was able to rescue the day and still had a great afternoon. 🙂

Maybe the weather will allow us another chance sometime soon…

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: